Navy Band Northeast’s Brass Quintet will perform a free chamber concert at the Portsmouth Historical Society on Friday, June 28 at 6:30 PM. The program takes listeners on a musical journey around the world, and includes patriotic favorites as well as contemporary arrangements of popular music sure to delight audiences of all ages.
Established in 1974, Navy Band Northeast is based on board Naval Station Newport and is one of 11 official U.S. Navy bands worldwide, providing musical support for military ceremonies, recruiting, morale and retention programs, and community relations. This group of 30 professional Navy musicians supports more than 300 engagements annually throughout a 12-state area of responsibility, performing regularly for high-ranking military and civilian dignitaries, Navy Recruiting, public outreach and awareness efforts, and partnership in education programs throughout the Northeast United States.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals