In celebration of the start of summer, Mystic Aquarium has announced a partnership with Westerly’s Grey Sail Brewing to launch “Gray Seal Ale”. The blond ale pays homage to Lou-Seal, an adult gray seal who stranded in Bermuda and was transferred to Mystic Aquarium for rehabilitative care before being released on May 30th.
The label, designed by Kyle Reichman of Newport-based 6 Square Design and Communications, depicts a beautiful gray seal swimming among other creatures under the sea and includes messaging about Mystic Aquarium’s longstanding animal rescue program.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with such a wonderful local business to help raise awareness of our mission,” said Roslyn Gilhuly, SVP of External Relations at Mystic Aquarium. “This partnership has given us a unique – and delicious – way to honor not only Lou-Seal, but the more than 500 marine animals we have rescued, rehabilitated, and released back into their ocean environment.”
The blond ale made its debut at the Aquarium’s Young Professionals Networking Night on June 20th and will be available for purchase throughout the summer at all Mystic Aquarium events catered by Ocean Blue Catering as well as at the Aquarium’s Penguins Café.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations