In celebration of the start of summer, Mystic Aquarium has announced a partnership with Westerly’s Grey Sail Brewing to launch “Gray Seal Ale”. The blond ale pays homage to Lou-Seal, an adult gray seal who stranded in Bermuda and was transferred to Mystic Aquarium for rehabilitative care before being released on May 30th.
The label, designed by Kyle Reichman of Newport-based 6 Square Design and Communications, depicts a beautiful gray seal swimming among other creatures under the sea and includes messaging about Mystic Aquarium’s longstanding animal rescue program.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with such a wonderful local business to help raise awareness of our mission,” said Roslyn Gilhuly, SVP of External Relations at Mystic Aquarium. “This partnership has given us a unique – and delicious – way to honor not only Lou-Seal, but the more than 500 marine animals we have rescued, rehabilitated, and released back into their ocean environment.”
The blond ale made its debut at the Aquarium’s Young Professionals Networking Night on June 20th and will be available for purchase throughout the summer at all Mystic Aquarium events catered by Ocean Blue Catering as well as at the Aquarium’s Penguins Café.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond