This story was originally published on June 11th. It has been udpated.
The Fort Adams Trust announces that they will offer a free summer concert series titled “Music at the Fort” outside the walls of the fort sponsored by Hogan Associates Realtors. The concert series had previously been held at the Eisenhower House in Fort Adams State Park for the past two summers. The concerts will be open to the public to attend from 5-8 PM every third Thursday of the month June – September.
The first concert will be June 20th featuring the Kane Brothers followed by a concert on July 18th with tBen O’Connor , August 15th with The Ravers and September 19th with the performers still to be determined.
UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast the June 20th event has been rescheduled to June 27th.
Parking is free and refreshments are available from Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling as well as, special cuisine from rotating food trucks that were featured at the food truck event held at the fort May 18th. The concerts are for all ages and attendees are encouraged to bring blankets to sit on the lawn while they enjoy the music and views of Narragansett Bay.
“We moved the concert series from the Eisenhower House down to outside the fort’s walls to take advantage of more space, the beautiful views of Narragansett Bay that the fort provides, as well as the glorious sunsets during the summer months,” offered Joe Dias, Executive Director for the Fort Adams Trust in an announcement. “We also extended the concerts into September given how nice that month can be and incorporated our relationship with the food truck vendors that we established back in May at our weekend event which was a sellout,” Dias further imparted.
“The walls outside the fort provide such a unique location for putting on the ”Music at the Fort” concerts and everyone knows how special it is from the Festivals,” stated Jen Chapin, Director of Special Events for the Fort Adams Trust in an the announcement. “With the generous help of Hogan Associates Realtors, the Trust is once again happy to offer these family focused events featuring local popular musicians,” she added.
For more information on Fort Adams Trust, visit www.fortadams.org.
You Might Also Like – 12 free weekly outdoor music, movie series to enjoy this summer (Updated)
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals