Newport Police Department announced this morning that beginning today, National Grid Gas and its contractor A.G.I Construction will begin installing the new gas service line for the new “HAMMETTS WHARF” building on Commercial Wharf.
Work will consist of running a new gas service line from the existing gas main on Thames Street in front of the Post Office across Americas Cup Avenue into the new building currently under construction.
Work will occur on Monday 6/24, Tuesday 6/25, and Wednesday 6/26/2019 beginning at nightly at 7pm and finishing by 7am each morning. Traffic will remain open both northbound and southbound on Americas Cup Avenue with temporary lane changes nightly. Traffic will also remain open to access Thames Street northbound in front of the Post Office Motorist and pedestrians are urged to use caution in the area
Police officers will be onsite to facilitate with the flow of traffic.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals