Very few people can say they have worked, trained, and sailed a square-rigged ship! Here’s your chance to do just that with the Oliver Hazard Perry Rhode Island, the largest civilian Sailing School Vessel in the United States and Rhode Island’s official tall-ship.
The call for new volunteers came on Tuesday via OHPRI’s Facebook Page;
Oliver Hazard Perry Rhode Island is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Their mission is to provide innovative and empowering education-at-sea programs to promote personal and professional growth.
More info about the opportunity via OHPRI’s website;
Who are the volunteer crew?
- Anyone willing to donate their time and energy! Our volunteers come in all skill levels, shapes, and sizes, from teens age 18 or older to post retirement.
What will I be doing?
- All aspects of operating, maintaining, and sailing a large square‐rigged vessel: steel and wood maintenance, vessel operations support, volunteer program support, outfitting, training—the list goes on.
When can I start?
- Now is the best time. Regular work parties are held every Wednesday and Saturday, from 10:00 to 4:00. Volunteers may also work most any day of the week; just check with the chief mate first.
How do I sign up?
- Visit their Volunteer Registration page HERE
Any questions? Want more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch