As the Newport Gulls 19th Opening Day is now exactly one week away- June 5, the organization is seeking volunteers to help in a multitude of facets on Game Day.
The 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Newport Gulls are a primarily volunteer based organization with a five-member Board of Directors that handle the day-to-day operations of the team. In order to continue to present Affordable, Family- Friendly Entertainment each and every summer since 2001, the Gulls have relied on the support of individuals in the community as well as college interns from throughout the country.
With just seven days until the 2019 Season is underway, the Gulls are in need of volunteers to help in positions such as: Scoreboard Operator, Grounds Crew, Media Department Camera Operator, Ticket Booth Staff, and Souvenir Staff.
The Newport Gulls play 22 Home Games on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Nights. First Pitch is at 6:35 PM and Volunteers are kindly asked to arrive prior to the Admission Gates opening at 5:00 PM. Although preferred, attendance at every game is not mandatory.
Volunteers are provided Newport Gulls Polo Shirt, Season Passes for Family and Friends, and a Volunteer Meal Card for use at the stadium’s concession stand.
Contact Director of Baseball Operations Michael Falcone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-729-3735 if interested in helping in some capacity this summer.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season