Clean Ocean Access (COA) has announced their plans to host a World Oceans Day Fundraiser at Easton’s Beach Rotunda in Newport from 6 pm to 9 pm on June 6th. The event will be in honor of Michael Anthony Brown.
The 3rd annual World Oceans Day Fundraiser celebrates the health of our oceans around the international World Oceans Day event and promotes Clean Ocean Access’s local efforts to eliminate marine debris, improve coastal water quality and protect and preserve shoreline access.
Delicious food will be provided by Whole Foods Market and prepared by Flat Waves, dancing to live music by Miles Ahead, and the Whale Guitar to inspire action to improve ocean health. Fun beverages will be provided by Ragged Island Brewery and Newport Vineyards.
A beach cleanup will take place beforehand from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. at Easton’s Beach.
The Annual “Clean Ocean Access Mission 2.Ocean Award” will be awarded to a volunteer who has made a significant impact for the success of Clean Ocean Access.
Tickets are $60, and available at http://www.cleanoceanaccess.org/world-oceans-day/ or call 401-236-2561.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend