Clean Ocean Access (COA) has announced their plans to host a World Oceans Day Fundraiser at Easton’s Beach Rotunda in Newport from 6 pm to 9 pm on June 6th. The event will be in honor of Michael Anthony Brown.
The 3rd annual World Oceans Day Fundraiser celebrates the health of our oceans around the international World Oceans Day event and promotes Clean Ocean Access’s local efforts to eliminate marine debris, improve coastal water quality and protect and preserve shoreline access.
Delicious food will be provided by Whole Foods Market and prepared by Flat Waves, dancing to live music by Miles Ahead, and the Whale Guitar to inspire action to improve ocean health. Fun beverages will be provided by Ragged Island Brewery and Newport Vineyards.
A beach cleanup will take place beforehand from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. at Easton’s Beach.
The Annual “Clean Ocean Access Mission 2.Ocean Award” will be awarded to a volunteer who has made a significant impact for the success of Clean Ocean Access.
Tickets are $60, and available at http://www.cleanoceanaccess.org/world-oceans-day/ or call 401-236-2561.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library