The City of Newport announced this afternoon in a press release that free wifi is coming to Easton’s Beach this summer.
Visitors to one of Aquidneck Island’s most popular beaches will be able to enjoy free WiFi connectivity this summer courtesy of the City of Newport.
With beach season beginning on Saturday, May 25, 2019, the City has announced that they are pleased to be offering free public WiFi service at Easton’s Beach this summer season.
This limited bandwidth service should provide access for phones, tablets and laptops located in the area around the Easton’s Beach Rotunda. Be sure to look for EASTONSBEACH when searching for available WiFi networks, and note that no password is required.
The service was installed by the City’s Department of Information Technology and will be available beginning Saturday, May 25, 2019.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library