The Beavertail Lighouse Museum Association (BLMA) has announced plans to host Arts at the Light, a fine arts festival, this August 24th and 25th and have issued a call for artists for the event!
Thirty six artists, chosen by review of a select committee, will exhibit/sell their pieces at Arts At The Light. The event will also include food trucks, dance performances, and more.
Each artist will be provided with a 10’ x 10’ space under a tent on the main courtyard behind the Lighthouse. Chosen artists will be expected to supply their own table/set up, as well as a $200 fee for the 2 day event. No additional charges for applying or being reviewed by a select committee.
Those interested can request registration materials at beavertaillight.org.
The deadline to apply is May 25th.
The Beavertail Lighthouse is the 3rd Lighthouse to be established in America, in 1749.
The buildings, including the lighthouse, are maintained by the BLMA. Through donations, grants, and fundraising efforts, BLMA is able to help preserve this special historical place. Since they are a 501c3 nonprofit, all donations are tax deductible.
BLMA is currently working on burying the utility lines at the park, with a campaign titled “Renew the View.
The Beavertail Lighthouse Museum Hours are:
- Saturdays and Sundays from May 25, 2019 thru June 9, 2019 from 12:00PM to 3:00PM
- Every day from June 15, 2019 thru September 2, 2019 from 10:30AM to 4:30PM
- Saturdays and Sundays from September 7, 2019 thru October 13, 2019 from 12:00PM thru 3:00PM
- Monday October 14, 2019 from 12:00PM thru 3:00PM
For more information, visit www.beavertaillight.org.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend