For the 25th year, the New England sailing community will come together in support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at the 2019 Leukemia Cup Regatta.
Sailors fund-raise with their crew throughout the year and celebrate the culmination of their impact on Regatta Weekend, set to take place on June 7-8 at New York Yacht Club. Nationwide, over $66 million has been raised since the first Leukemia Cup in 1988.
Whether you plan to join the event on the water to sail, or simply would like to join in for the Friday evening cocktail party or Saturday afternoon BBQ, together the community can make an impact on the lives of patients and their families.
How can you get involved in the 25th Annual Leukemia Cup Regatta?
- Register today at LeukemiaCup.org/RI and sign up your boat.
- No boat? No problem! Raise $1,000 with your crew and you can race one of our chartered J 22 charters from Sail Newport.
PARTNER AS A SPONSOR
- There are a variety of ways to sponsor at different monetary levels that allow your company and your employees to engage and interact with our sailors on event weekend!
- You can also support the cause by providing in-kind items for our silent or live auction
- Have a small business? You can also run a “Retail Campaign” offering a percentage of proceeds, point-of-purchase ask, etc. to encourage your customers to support the cause and help us spread the word about the event!
YACHT CLUB CHALLENGE
- Gather your members together to crew a boat on race day or simply promote the event at your club!
- You can also supply an in-kind sponsorship item for our silent or live auction as well
REGATTA WEEKEND EVENTS
- You don’t have to sail to have an impact on the fight against cancer – participate in one of their weekend events:
- Friday 6/7 – An Evening At Harbour Court includes cocktails, appetizers, and exciting silent and live auctions
- Saturday 6/8 – Post-Sail Awards BBQ is a fun afternoon on the water at The New York Yacht Club
CAN’T SAIL BUT WANT TO HELP OUT?
- You can register as a “Phantom Sailor” and raise funds without participating in the race
- Volunteer at the Friday or Saturday events
- Join the committee to help make this year’s event the best one yet!
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- City to Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week