The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #406, The American Legion Post #7, the Sons of Union Veterans and The Historic Cemetery Advisory Commission invite you to join them at 10 am on May 18th to help clean military stones located in Common Burying Ground on Farewell Street.
According to a press release seeking volunteers for the event, “the city will provide all the needed equipment and know-how; we simply need your energy and enthusiasm”.
The annual flagging of military stones in preparation for Memorial Day will also take place at this time, according to the release. “We’ll have the flags; we know where to place them and you’ll provide the power to make it happen,” the release states.
“This community service activity is a great way to start Armed Forces Day and prepare for the Memorial Day holiday! Please join us to honor those who have served our country”.
Questions should be emailed to email@example.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)