Sardella’s Ristorante Italiano has announced that they have opened a new restaurant next door to them on Memorial Boulevard.
Imbriglio’s Pizzaria Resto Bar Napoletana (also referenced as Imbriglio’s Pizzeria, Imbriglio’s Pizza Napoletana, Imbriglio’s Pizzeria Napoletana and Bar ), is now open and is serving traditional Neopolitan Pizza with a custom Brooklyn style setting.
In a press release Imbriglio’s is described as follows;
“Imbriglio’s brings a new pizza experience which goes back to 1890 when Richard Sardella’s grandfather Richardo Imbriglio had his bakery on Third Street in Jersey City. Imbriglio knew that it all started with the dough. He was already known for the best bread on the street. Neapolitan from start to finish – made with only “00” flour and the right amount of water. Every pizza he made started out with the dough that was stretched and tossed with the same love and care he devoted to his seven children. Imbriglio’s pizza was topped with sauce that came from only authentic San Marzano tomatoes – just like back in Napoli. The cheese was carefully chosen and came from a local dairy farm that was just like the farm back in Italy where the mozzarella was as fresh as the sunrise. This is the tradition of Imbriglio’s Pizzaria Resto Bar Napoletana.In the authentically designed bar with a full view of the wood-fired oven imported from Italy, the pizzas come out hot and fresh. In the Neapolitan tradition, they are best enjoyed on the premises eaten with knife and fork. The menu at Imbriglio’s and Sardella’s will also include specialty pizzas named after Richardo’s seven children”.
Imbriglio’s is open seven days a week from 5 pm to 10 pm right now with the following sample menu and will host a grand opening on May 1st.
Imbriglio’s is located at 32 Memorial Boulevard West. More information can be found at sardellas.com and at 401-849-6312.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13