RaNew Salon announced recently that they have acquired Shannon’s Barber Shop on Spring Street and are re-opening/re-branding it as “The Barbershop by RaNew Salon”.
This is a good news story – the acquisition has allowed one side to grow, and the other side to semi-retire.
“RaNew Salon will remain at 580 Thames St for all Salon and Spa businesses as usual, but now you will see your favorite faces, as well as some new ones at The Barber Shop by RaNew Salon,” Rachel Prendergast, Owner of RaNew Salon posted on Facebook and shared with What’sUpNewp.
“Shannon will continue to take clients by appointment only on Monday and Wednesday, We will be taking Walk-ins the rest of the week except Sunday which we will be closed,” Prendergast said.
“Shannon and I will make this transition as smooth as possible for her clients, I am so happy to help this fellow small business owner semi retire while protecting all she worked so hard for all these years,” Prendergast said.
“I think this sums it up. Thanks to Rachel Prendergast and her team, and thanks to everyone for their support over the years. I will remain on to service my longest and most loyal customers. I feel confident in leaving knowing everyone is in good hands,” Shannon Montigny posted on Facebook.
The Barbershop by RaNew Salon can be found at 42 Spring Street in Newport.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill