To celebrate Newport’s Daffodil Days, over 20 Newport businesses have gone daffy, decorating their storefront windows in bright yellow festive displays. The window decorating contest was judged by representatives from Newport in Bloom.
“Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you to all the stores who decorated their windows and “went daffy.” They make Newport a bright, fun and exciting place to shop and dine for tourists and residents alike,” Newport Daffy Days wrote in a press release announcing the winner.
Here are the winners, each of which will receive a gift certificate from the Newport Chamber of Commerce:
THE MOST DAFFY
International Tennis Hall of Fame store
194 Bellevue Ave.
1st PLACE – LOCAL
306 Thames St.
2nd PLACE – LOCAL
Sheldon Art Gallery
59 America’s Cup, Newport
3rd PLACE – LOCAL
80 Thames St.
1st PLACE – NATIONAL
Black Dog General Store
240 Thames St.
2nd PLACE – NATIONAL
192 Thames St.
For more information on Newport Daffodil Days Festival and to see the full schedule of events, visit www.newportdaffydays.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more