Sea Rose Montessori Co-op School will hold an open house on Saturday, April 6, from 10 a.m.–12 noon. Families of children ages 4.5 and up and prospective students are welcome to meet the experienced teachers and connect with parent-founders and families.
With increased interest, Sea Rose Montessori expanded and offers a Lower Elementary program for students 6-9 years old, along with Pre-K, which has limited openings.
This comes after an eco-friendly renovation of a spacious building on the same campus on East Main Road in southern Portsmouth. A beautiful new schoolhouse ensures students will be comfortable and inspired as they take part in extended-day and year-round curriculum in a natural light-filled setting.
“We’ve grown so much and seen Sea Rose students and families flourish under the leadership of our experienced teachers and committed families who’ve made this option for alternative education a reality. If you don’t know much about Montessori but are wondering what might be the best option for your students, be sure to come to see the amazing space, meet the caring teachers, and hear current parents’ experiences,” said Board President Suzanne McDonald in a press release.
“And don’t forget Sea Rose’s annual fun(d)raiser is April 27. Purchase your tickets to the best ’80s party in decades on the Sea Rose website or at bit.ly/dance80s, no tickets will be sold at the door” said board Vice President Anna Burnley in the release.
An independent school, Sea Rose Montessori is centrally located on Aquidneck Island and serves students from Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Jamestown, Bristol, and Tiverton, and Fall River as well as military families.
The open house is located at 324 East Main Road, Portsmouth, R.I. Plenty of parking and a spectacular setting of conserved open space.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic