Middletown, RI – Beatrice P. (Martins) Cooper, 92, formerly of Portsmouth, RI, died on February 20, 2019 at John Clarke Retirement and Nursing Center in Middletown RI.
She was the wife of the late Lewis T. Cooper. Born in Newport, RI on January 1, 1927, she was the daughter of the late Daniel (Da Cunha) Martins and Patracina (Esteves) Martins.She is survived by her son Michael E. DiMatteo and his wife, Karen Cunningham, of Newport, RI, their two children Lisa M. McDermott and Andrew M. DiMatteo, and two great-granddaughters, Ava M. McDermott and Nora M. McDermott, and by her sister Emily M. Belmore.
She is preceded in death by her first husband, Eugene V. DiMatteo, and her brothers, Manuel J. Martins, Edward C. Martins, Americo Daniel Martins, Leo D. Martins, and Julio D. Martins, all formerly of Newport.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals