Middletown, RI – Beatrice P. (Martins) Cooper, 92, formerly of Portsmouth, RI, died on February 20, 2019 at John Clarke Retirement and Nursing Center in Middletown RI.
She was the wife of the late Lewis T. Cooper. Born in Newport, RI on January 1, 1927, she was the daughter of the late Daniel (Da Cunha) Martins and Patracina (Esteves) Martins.She is survived by her son Michael E. DiMatteo and his wife, Karen Cunningham, of Newport, RI, their two children Lisa M. McDermott and Andrew M. DiMatteo, and two great-granddaughters, Ava M. McDermott and Nora M. McDermott, and by her sister Emily M. Belmore.
She is preceded in death by her first husband, Eugene V. DiMatteo, and her brothers, Manuel J. Martins, Edward C. Martins, Americo Daniel Martins, Leo D. Martins, and Julio D. Martins, all formerly of Newport.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup