On Sunday March 31st at 2pm, the Newport String Project will present a concert at Trinity Church featuring the work of Rhode Island-based composer Kirsten Volness.
Scored for string quartet and digital sound, Volness’ “Tree of Life” is a musical ode to trees from the Weeping Willow to the Coastal Redwood and celebrates the connective life force evoked by nature. Volness will join forces with the Newport String Quartet for a not-to-be-missed performance of this evocative piece. The quartet will also perform Franz Joseph Haydn’s bucolic Quartet in D Major “The Lark” and Johannes Brahms’ invigorating String Quartet in a minor.
Admission by donation. Suggested donation $10, $25 & $50+. All proceeds support the performance and educational programming of the Newport String Project.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino