The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center (MLK Center) has announced that they will open their Feed-A-Friend food pantry on the first Saturday of each month, beginning on Saturday, April 6th, 2019. Saturday hours for the food pantry are from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The food pantry hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday evenings from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The MLK Community Center’s Feed-A-Friend food pantry provides non-perishable food items, frozen meat, fresh produce, bread, household and personal care items to our Newport County neighbors. Residents of Newport County are eligible to shop in the pantry once per month and are reminded to bring photo ID, and proof of address for all family members (first time guests only). The MLK Center also reminders visitors to also bring your reusable bags.
As a reminder, bread and baked goods are available to all in thir front lobby Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on the Center’s hunger services, visit our hunger services webpage or contact Melanie Saunders, Hunger Services Program Coordinator, at (401) 846-4828 x124 or msaunders@MLKCCenter.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup