The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center (MLK Center) has announced that they will open their Feed-A-Friend food pantry on the first Saturday of each month, beginning on Saturday, April 6th, 2019. Saturday hours for the food pantry are from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The food pantry hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday evenings from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The MLK Community Center’s Feed-A-Friend food pantry provides non-perishable food items, frozen meat, fresh produce, bread, household and personal care items to our Newport County neighbors. Residents of Newport County are eligible to shop in the pantry once per month and are reminded to bring photo ID, and proof of address for all family members (first time guests only). The MLK Center also reminders visitors to also bring your reusable bags.
As a reminder, bread and baked goods are available to all in thir front lobby Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on the Center’s hunger services, visit our hunger services webpage or contact Melanie Saunders, Hunger Services Program Coordinator, at (401) 846-4828 x124 or msaunders@MLKCCenter.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals