Lila Delman Real Estate has announced the sale of Carrollton House (c. 1850), located at 11 Clay Street in Newport. The property sold for $1,020,000.
According to Lila Delman Real Estate, Alyce Wright and Courtney van Beuren, Lila Delman Sales Associates, represented the seller while Alex Thursby, Lila Delman Sales Associate, represented the buyer.
“This gracious Federal era Greek Revival style home off Bellevue Avenue benefits from high ceilings and large windows to provide lots of natural light, ” commented Alyce Wright in a press release. “Showcasing historic homes is a true specialty of our firm.”
“My clients had been searching for a special property in Newport for years,” added Alex Thursby in the release. “I was thrilled to introduce them to Carrollton House, as the property’s historic charm and ideal location was a perfect fit.”
Located within walking distance to the Cliff Walk, International Tennis Hall of Fame, and renowned shops along Bellevue Avenue, this historic residence was previously owned by Isaac Roosevelt, grandfather of President Theodore Roosevelt. Measuring 2,658 square feet, key features include four bedrooms, two and one half bathrooms, four fireplaces, and a stately entryway with a gracefully curved staircase.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup