Lila Delman Real Estate has announced the sale of Carrollton House (c. 1850), located at 11 Clay Street in Newport. The property sold for $1,020,000.
According to Lila Delman Real Estate, Alyce Wright and Courtney van Beuren, Lila Delman Sales Associates, represented the seller while Alex Thursby, Lila Delman Sales Associate, represented the buyer.
“This gracious Federal era Greek Revival style home off Bellevue Avenue benefits from high ceilings and large windows to provide lots of natural light, ” commented Alyce Wright in a press release. “Showcasing historic homes is a true specialty of our firm.”
“My clients had been searching for a special property in Newport for years,” added Alex Thursby in the release. “I was thrilled to introduce them to Carrollton House, as the property’s historic charm and ideal location was a perfect fit.”
Located within walking distance to the Cliff Walk, International Tennis Hall of Fame, and renowned shops along Bellevue Avenue, this historic residence was previously owned by Isaac Roosevelt, grandfather of President Theodore Roosevelt. Measuring 2,658 square feet, key features include four bedrooms, two and one half bathrooms, four fireplaces, and a stately entryway with a gracefully curved staircase.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport