The next Newport Gallery Night will be held on Thursday, March 14th from 5:00-8:00 pm. March Newport Gallery Night attendees will be able to spend the evening enjoying the arts and visiting the participating galleries, museums, and cultural institutions. Art is available for purchase, sales tax free.
Spring Bull Studio & Gallery joins in the St. Patrick’s Day festivities of Newport for the month of March with: Irish Eyes, “an exhibit by local artists reveling in everything Irish.” This exhibit will be available through March 31st. Spring Bull artists will be on hand to meet on March 14th during Newport Gallery Night.
DeBlois Gallery has opened their first show of 2019: Open Your Mind. The show will be open until March 31st. An all media, unjuried, open show, this annual art show challenges the exhibiting artists to create work with the theme.
William Vareika Fine Arts has mounted a new special addition to the permanent William Trost Richards exhibition. The exhibition currently consists of thirty-four plein-air oil paintings which have been cleaned and framed for the first time. The new additions to the exhibit reflect Richards’ time observing nature while traveling through parts of Europe as well as more local trips to Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Park for free at the Gateway Visitors Center and uptown at the Newport Art Museum. Discount coupons for seven participating Newport restaurant can be picked up at participating galleries. The Newport Gallery Night walking map can be found both online, as well as within each of the participating galleries. Newport Gallery Night walking tours will begin in April.
The Newport Gallery Organization has a current membership of over 25 participating galleries. For more information about Newport Gallery Night, Free Guided Walking Tours, and the Newport Gallery Organization, visit http://www.newportgalleries.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library