The inaugural Aquidneck 10K will be run this Sunday, March 24th, in Middletown. Starting and finishing at second beach, this looping 6.2 mile course highlights the natural features and beauty that our island is known for. The event, produced by Gray Matter Marketing, benefits Norman Bird Sanctuary.
Online registration for the 10K run or walk is only open through Thursday, March 21st. Due to the popularity of the event, there will be no on-site registration.
The Aquidneck 10K is presented by NPT Healthworks and Fitzpatrick Team with Remax of Newport. Newport Wellness and Recovery is an event sponsor, and Ragged Island Brewing Company is hosting Saturday bib pick up. A portion of all proceeds from the race will be donated to the Norman Bird Sanctuary in support of their environmental and conservation efforts. The course follows a portion of the border of the bird sanctuary property, as well as parts of Sachuest point and neighborhoods in Middletown.
According to organizers, traffic will be minimally effected by the event, but for those wishing to access Sachuest Point on Sunday morning, local police will be on site to assist in directing traffic.
For more information, and to register before the deadline, visit aquidneck10k.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso