Newport’s up and coming art space, Bowler Lane Projects, has announced its latest exhibition, LIL BIG, an all-female group show.
Bowler Lane Projects co-owners and curators, Kristen Coates and Marie Samuels, will host the show’s opening this Saturday March 30th from 6-9pm. Reception will be held at 11 Bowler Lane, Newport RI.
LIL BIG will showcase large-scale works in various mediums. Featured artists include Rachel Beach, Caroline Wells Chandler, Frances Tulk-Hart and a collaboration of six paintings on canvas by Bowler Lane Projects.
The collection of work is described as a kaleidoscope of abstraction featuring cheeky, oversized landscapes and figurative pieces that evoke a sense of “bigness”. As the title suggests, the exhibition focuses on size and scale. The show’s whimsical pieces were brought to life with a variety of materials: knit wool yarn, pencil on paper, wooden sculpture, and acrylics on canvas.
With exhibitions like LIL BIG, Bowler Lane Projects’ mission is to foster and exhibit emerging and established artists. It is an interdisciplinary creative space for events and openings where artists and collectors engage in an active workspace.
By cultivating an informal and lively arena, Bowler Lane Projects aims to fuel the vital role that art and culture play in enhancing the community.
Rsvp required email@example.com.
For more information, visit bowlerlaneprojects.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free