The Audrain Automobile Museum announced today that they will open their new exhibit, HORSELESS to HORSEPOWER: Gilded and Golden Age Automobiles on Saturday, February 9, 2019.
This exhibition highlights this brilliant time when there was no standard, when grassroots artisans created simply the best of their imagination. From steam power to the smooth and powerful V16 combustion engine, we witness the swift evolution of automobiles in the early 20th Century.
The exhibit will be open until June 2, 2019.
For more information, visit www.audrainautomuseum.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck