The public is invited to join the Rhode Island Historical Society and Newport Historical Society fora RHODI presentation on the Newport Historical Society’s History Space Initiative on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 10am, at the Newport Historical Society Resource Center, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI.
“Learn about the Newport Historical Society’s popular History Space initiative which supports the field of public history through education and demonstration,” the Newport Historical Society writes in a press release about the event. “History Space events are high-quality living history programs which include reenactments, traditional trade and craft demonstrations, and workshops. Elizabeth Sulock, Curator of Living History for the Newport Historical Society, will discuss History Space and share case studies for past events such as What Cheer Day: Life After the Gaspee Affair and After Dark: Browns, Bad Boys and Boudoirs—both of which were presented in partnership with the Rhode Island Historical Society”.
Elizabeth Sulock has worked at the Newport Historical Society since 2008 in roles varying from marketing, development support, serving as a first person historical interpreter and, more recently, organizing the Society’s History Space initiative, according to Newport Historical Society. She has presented at the ALFAM New England conference, the Rhode Island Statewide Historic Preservation Conference, History Camp Boston and the First-Person Interpreter’s Conference. In her spare time, Elizabeth hand sews historical costumes and volunteers at living history events across the region.
This program takes place on Tuesday February 19, 2019 at 10am at the Newport Historical Society Resource Center, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI. Refreshments will be served at 9:30am in advance of the talk.
This program is free and open to the public, RSVP on the Rhode Island Historical Society’s website (direct link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScmqU-dUcalcAQGcev67BwF-3OIFPleNeNzfrgu8KuHathNhA/viewform) Refreshments will be served at 9:30am in advance of the talk.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now