Sail Newport shared with What’sUpNewp today that registration is now open for their award-winning summer Youth Program.
The public sailing center in Fort Adams State park offers a wide variety of programs for children ages 5-17 on beginner through advanced training levels. According to Sail Newport, young sailors will learn how to rig a boat, boat handing, how to steer on their own, safety in and around the water and various points of sail and racing depending on skill level.
Sail Newport has Optimists, prams, LP Bugs, Hartlie 10s, RS Quests, Club 420s and J/22s. Certified instructors teach all skill levels. Sessions run one or two-weeks depending on the program. Financial aid is available.
Sign up before February 17 after which a waiting list is most likely. All information is online at sailnewport.org.
For more information, call (401) 846-1983.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill