A Smoked Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese from MainSail Restaurant at Newport Marriott won Newport Winter Festival’s sold-out 2nd Annual Mac & Cheese Smackdown at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina on Saturday.
The winning Mac & Cheese, created by Chef Tyler at MainSail, was loaded with sliced prosciutto and a three cheese blend of American, cheddar and Gorgonzola.
Newport Winter Festival announced the winners on Facebook;
Congratulations to the winners of our 2nd Annual Mac &Cheese Smackdown! 1st Place: #14 MainSail Newport, 2nd Place: #9 Tavern in the Square Cranston, and a tie for 3rd Place: #4 Localz Kitchen & Cocktails & #6 Antonio’s Pizza By The Slice Kitchen & Bar Newport!
Newport Winter Festival also addressed some of the feedback that they had received about the event;
We want to thank everyone who came out yesterday! More people than we could have imagined! We are sorry for anyone who was inconvenienced that the event was sold out so early. We are already discussing ways to improve our traffic flow and strategy of ticket sales for next year. Thank you to our amazing restaurants who competed and dished their delicious Mac & Cheese all afternoon, this event wouldn’t happen without you!
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now