Dear Editor –
In a phone meeting last week with Marc Pappas, the Director of the RI Emergency Agency, I learned that RIEMA has hired a third-party independent firm to review the emergency response to the gas crisis in Newport last month.
They will interview over 200 people who were involved in the response system, they will hold focus groups with those folks and a report will be issued and made public by Spring. That report will place an emphasis on lessons learned and an evaluation of the effort. It is my intention, over the next weeks, to meet with constituents to get their feedback on how our emergency response systems worked last month. And I will share that report when I receive it.
Feel free to contact me about this evaluation at LaurenHCarson@gmail.com.
Representative Lauren Carson
RI House District 75-Newport
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances