Your brick-and-mortar choices to buy scented candles, potpourri, and air fresheners in Newport, Rhode Island just got a lot smaller.
Earlier this month and without any public notice, Yankee Candle closed its store located at 36 America’s Cup Avenue/Long Wharf Mall in Newport.
“On background I can confirm we have closed the Yankee Candle store at Long Wharf Mall, and although I am not sure about this specific location, Yankee Candle has closed a few under performing stores every year around this time of year, which mainly has to do with the timing of our leases,
Claire-Aude Staraci, a spokesperson for Yankee Candle told What’s Up Newp.
What’sUpNewp has been told from local real estate agents that another business is already lined up to fill the location. Those details to come.
According to the company’s website, they have a nationwide base of over 500 company-owned retail stores, including three remaining in Rhode Island – Cranston, Providence, and Smithfield.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)