Here’s a look at what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight – A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 40. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today – SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight –SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming S 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Waves around 3 ft. A chance of rain after midnight
- Coastal Water Temperature – 41.0°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:29 pm.
- The first high tide will be at 6:33 am and the next high tide at 6:51 pm. The first low tide will be at 12:31 pm and the next low tide at 11:56 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 17 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:50 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 28 days, lighting is 4%.
Things To Do
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Artist Reception: Boyd Totin at St. George’s
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th