Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southeast wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today – N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming E this afternoon. Waves around 2 ft
- Tonight –Se winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves around 2 ft. Rain likely after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 41.0°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:27 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:56 am and the next high tide will be at 5:17 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:24 am and the next low tide at 10:41 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 15 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:49 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 26 days, lighting is 15%.
Things To Do
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 8 pm – Military Appreciation Nights – First Wednesday of every month! at Ragged Island Brewing
- 6 pm – Newport Gulls Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony at Gurney’s
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Alsace at Forty 1 North
- 7 pm – City of Newport Zoning Board of Review
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million