A look at what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today – NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
Sun, Moon, & Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:35 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:26 am and the next low tide will be at 3:58 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:23 am and the next high tide at 10:49 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 24 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:53 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 4 days, lighting is 13%.
Things To Do:
- 1 pm – Chamber Miniatures: Jamestown Senior Center
- 2:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Art After Dark at Newport Art Museum
- 6 pm – Exhibition Opening Reception: Weave the Trees at Jamestown Arts Center
- 6:30 pm – Japanese internment camps of WWII – lesson learned? at Channing Memorial Church
- 6:30 pm – The Human Element: newportFILM screening – 1/10 at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:30 pm – Fireside Lecture: Birdwatching Through the Ages at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 7:30 pm – Tell Newport: Resolved! at The Firehouse Theater
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- What’sUpNewp Events Calendar