Irene B. Johnson, 97, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away on January 22, 2019 at Newport Hospital.
Irene was born in Worcester, MA to the late William and Helen (Lundblad) Brunell. Irene was raised by her aunt and uncle, George and Ida Hitt. She was the wife of the late Warren L. Johnson, WWII veteran of the US Army.
Irene is survived by her children Warren Johnson Jr. of Portsmouth, RI, Karen Shepherd and her husband Michael of Middletown, Alan Johnson and his wife Susan of Portsmouth, RI, and Steven Johnson of Hobe Sound, Florida, as well as six grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
Irene graduated from Rogers High School. She enjoyed bowling and Bingo at the Middletown Senior Center. For many years, she was a member of St. Columba Berkeley Chapel in Middletown.
Funeral services for Irene will be held on Saturday, January 26th with visitation from 1:00- 2:00pm at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI with a funeral service to begin at 2:00pm. Burial will be private.
Memorial Donations may be made to John Clarke Nursing Home, 600 Valley Road, Middletown, RI 02842.
Online tribute at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
See the full obituary here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Irene-Johnson
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education