Dianne Suzanne Johnson, 83 years old, of Portsmouth, RI, peacefully passed away surrounded by her loving family on Tuesday, January 22, 2019. Dianne was born in Rome, NY, on May 16, 1935. She was very blessed to have spent the last 63 years with her devoted husband, Clifford Johnson, IV. She was preceded in death by her mother, Chamah Jeanne Mohr. Dianne leaves behind 5 beautiful daughters, Rhanah Lesueur (Leonard Coleman) of Portsmouth, RI, Desiree Galli (Robert Galli) of Sacramento CA, Heather Bennett (William Bennett IV) of North Kingstown, RI, Rachel Johnson of Portsmouth, RI and Alexandria Johnson of Middletown, RI. She also leaves behind her beloved Paul (Tony) Butler of Erie, PA. Diane was instrumental in raising her 2 grandsons, Tyler and Isaiah Johnson. She was the amazing “Nannie” of 13 grandchildren and the great grandmother of 21 and great great grandmother of 6.
Dianne was the matriarch of her family. She was a homemaker who enjoyed her time in the kitchen, cooking endless, delicious meals for her family. She was adventurous, fun loving, spontaneous and loved to travel. She left a positive impact on many lives and always extended her unconditional love to all. Dianne’s and Clifford’s love has climbed the highest mountains and will last through eternity.
Calling hours will be held on Monday, January 28, 2019, from 2:00-3:00PM, in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, followed by a Memorial Service at 3:00PM in the funeral home.
See the full obituary – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Dianne-Johnson
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million