The Newport County Youth Chorus will present our first concert of the year on Saturday, February 2 at 3:00 pm Emmanuel Church. The chorus will be led by Artistic Director Elizabeth Woodhouse and NCYC Accompanist Melissa Woolverton. Sabina Sams and Sara Lombardi, NCYC chorus managers from Middletown High School, will provide additional support. The concert is free to attend and donations will be accepted.
The concert will showcase the hard work of the two NCYC ensembles: the 2nd – 4th grade section and the 5th – 6th grade section. The selections include music from around the world (South Africa and Israel) and in different styles (folk songs, musical theatre, and calypso).
NCYC is excited to welcome back the Mixtapes Acappella group from Salve Regina University. Salve Regina University proudly serves as the Fiscal Sponsor to the Newport County Youth Chorus.
Members of the Newport County Youth Chorus meet once a week for one hour. The program is free and does not require an audition. Classes are offered weekly at the Martin Luther King Community Center (Newport) and St. Mary’s Church (Portsmouth). NCYC is accepting new singers starting in February. If you know someone who would like to join the group, please reach out to email@example.com or visit www.newportsings.org/how-to-join-us.
For more information about the chorus, visit www.newportsings.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free