In response to the Aquidneck Island gas supply disruption, National Grid has announced that they have joined with local food establishments to offer free lunch and dinner for customers affected by the Aquidneck Island gas service interruption.
- Binge BBQ, of Newport, will set up a tent for dinner tonight at Pell Elementary School in Newport;
- FanTex- Tacos Food Truck will host customers at the Newport Police Station, and
- Poppy’s Waffles Food Truck will be stationed at King Park.
Friday morning update from National Grid
– Lobro Restaurant – 88 Broadway— National Grid US (@nationalgridus) January 25, 2019
– @HavenBrosMobile – Long Wharf Mall @ShopLongWharf
– @fancheezical – @NewportRIPolice Station on Broadway
– Binge BBQ – Pell Elementary – 35 Dexter St
– @PoppysCorn & Waffles – King’s Park – Wellington Ave just past Thames St
Food service will begin at 5:00 pm to 9 pm on Thursday, January 24, and all three eateries will be operating from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Additionally, LoBro Taco, a Newport-based restaurant also affected by the interruption, will join the other restaurants beginning tomorrow at a location to be announced.
National Grid also invites customers to visit www.ngrid.com/aquidneck where they can find updates on the restoration efforts, answers to key questions, a list of hotels in the region, alternative heating options, and information needed for the claims process.