Coast Guard crews suspended their search for two missing fishermen near Block Island, Rhode Island Wednesday at approximately 5:13 p.m.
The two fishermen have been missing since their boat Mistress capsized and sank Tuesday morning.
The fishing boat Captain Bligh initially responded to the scene and rescued one fisherman from a lifeboat.
Crews searched for approximately 72 hours covering 2,152 square nautical miles.
The search included the following crews:
- Coast Guard Cutter Sanibel
- Coast Guard Cutter Steelhead
- Coast Guard Cutter Escanaba
- Coast Guard Cutter Albacore
- Air Station Cape Cod MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crews and HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane crews
- 45-foot response boat crews from Station Point Judith
- 47-foot Motor Lifeboat crews from Station Menemsha