Wholesome Fresh has confirmed that they have permanently closed their location at 22 Washington Square in Newport.
Several of our readers wrote in over the last couple of days inquiring why the windows were covered up at the convenience store/deli/restaurant.
What’s Up Newp received the following response from the restaurant on Wednesday;
“Yes we are (permanently closed), thank you so much for all the supports (sic)”Wholesome Fresh wrote to What’s Up Newp
Wholesome Fresh opened in Newport on November 29, 2017. After opening in Newport, Wholesome Fresh opened a second location earlier this year in Cambridge, MA. As of Wednesday morning, that location remained open.
Wholesome Fresh did not respond for additional details on what the future looks like for their location or the reasoning for their closure.
Washington Square Cafe & Baking Company, the previous occupant, permanently closed on Sunday, April 16th, 2017.
This story may be updated as more information is received.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits