Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up for today in and around The-City-By-The-Sea.
- Today – Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 24. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect until 9 am EST this morning
- Today –NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt early. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight –N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft in the evening, then 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 46.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose inNewport at6:56amand sunset will be at4:16pm.
- The firsthigh tidewas at5:15amand the nexthigh tidewill be at5:37pm. The firstlow tidewill be at11:32am and the nextlow tideat11:07pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 26 days, lighting is 12%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events for today, click here.
- 4 pm –Teens: You Can’t Tell Me What to Do (Open Studio) at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm –Can You Ever Forgive Meat Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm –Ocean Science Speaker Series at Newport Public Library
- 7:30 pm –A Star Is Bornat Jane Pickens Theater