Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – A chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 45. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly before 5am. The rain could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to near 40 by 8pm, then rising to around 49 during the remainder of the night. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Gale Warning in effect from late tonight through Tuesday evening
- Today – S winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain this afternoon.
- Tonight – S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 6 ft, building to 8 ft after midnight. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm, decreasing to 1 nm or less after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:26 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:56 am and the next high tide will be at 3:20 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:51 am and the next low tide at 9:31 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 14 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:49 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 24 days, lighting is 33%.
Things To Do
- 10 am to 11 am- Newport Seal Watch Tours with Save The Bay
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7 pm – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- New Year’s Eve 2018: Here’s where to ring in 2019 in Newport
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances