- Today – Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog after 9 am. High near 52. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Tonight – Rain before 9 pm, then a chance of showers between 9 pm and midnight. Patchy fog before 2 am. Low around 49. Southwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 7 am EST this morning through this evening
- Today – S winds 15 to 20 kt, increasing to 20 to 25 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt, increasing to 35 kt this afternoon. Waves around 4 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 7 ft, building to 10 ft this afternoon. Patchy fog. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm, decreasing to 1 nm or less this afternoon.
- Tonight – SW winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft, except 8 to 9 ft at the Bay entrance. Patchy fog. Rain likely in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:23 pm.
- The first low tide was at 5:17 am and the next low tide will be at 6:19 pm. The only high tide of the day will be at 12:20 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 12 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:47 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 21 days, lighting is 66%.
Things To Do
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – End the year with Diegos! at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4 pm – Holiday Lantern Tour with Newport Historical Society
- 6 pm – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 26 – Jan. 1)
- Christmas In Newport Calendar