Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Today – NW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:22 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:20 am and the next low tide will be at 4:16 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:25 am and the next high tide at 10:58 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 11 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:46 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 18 days, lighting is 85%
Things To Do
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Dave Alves at Newport Vineyards
- 6 pm – Teens: Big Kid Storytime at Newport Public Library
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Napa + Sonoma at Forty 1 North
- 7 pm – The Bit Players present Family Friendly Funnies
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 26 – Jan. 1)
- Christmas In Newport Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses