Here’s a look at what’s happening, new, and to do out there.
Today – Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight – Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 31. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Christmas Day – Sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Today – W winds around 5 kt. Waves around 2 ft. A slight chance of rain this morning, then rain likely this afternoon.
- Tonight – NW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Christmas Day – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft in the morning, then 1 foot or less.
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- Today – The sun will rise in Newport at 7:10 am and sunset will be at 4:21 pm. The first low tide was at 1:36 am and the next low tide will be at 2:41 pm. The first high tide will be at 8:38 am and the next high tide at 9:07 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 11 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:45 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 16 days, lighting is 98%.
Things To Do
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Present Wrapping by the Midtown Elves at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 2 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – Christmas at OceanPointe
- 5 pm – Candlelight Christmas Eve Services at The Zabriskie Memorial Church of Saint John the Evangelist
- 5 pm – A Christmas Eve Celebration! at Emmanuel Church
- 6:30 pm –Celebrate the Birth of a Savior at Middletown Baptist Church
- 7 pm – Christmas Eve Service at First Presbyterian Church
- 50+ things to do in and around Newport this week (Dec. 18 – 25)
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 18 – 25)
- Six Picks: The best in Local Music this Week (Dec. 20 – Dec. 26)
- Christmas In Newport Calendar