- Today – Sunny, with a high near 38. West wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Gale watch in effect from late Thursday night through Friday evening
- Today –W winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less
- Tonight –SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 37.9F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:08 am and sunset will be at 4:18 pm. The first high tide was at 4:26 am and the next high tide will be at 4:52 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:42 am and the next low tide at 10:24 pm. Today we have 9 hours and 10 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:43 am. The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 11 days, lighting is 83%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- Christmas In Newport – For a full schedule of events, click here.
- 11 am to 5 pm – Beer Fixe Lunch Special at Taproot Brewing Co.
- 11 am – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- 11:30 am to 5 pm – Half Price Oysters and Clams at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Present Wrapping by the Midtown Elves at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 4:45 pm – Maria By Callas at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Taproom Tunes Weekly Music Series ft. The Teledynes at Newport Vineyards
- 5 pm – Santa Nightly Ride throughout Newport
- 6 pm – Mary Queen of Scots Newport Opening Party at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:30 pm Fermentation Class: Campania at Forty 1 North
- 7:30 pm Holiday Sing-A-Long – with Peter Crowley and a throwback Menu!!! at LaForge Restaurant
Looking for live music and entertainment? Visit Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 18 – 25)