- Today –Rain. High near 42. Northeast wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight –Rain before midnight, then rain likely after 1am. Patchy fog before midnight, then patchy fog after 1am. Low around 37. Northeast wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through Monday morning
- Today –NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except 4 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. Rain. A chance of drizzle this morning.
- Tonight –NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except 4 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. Patchy fog. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 44.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:06 am and sunset will be at 4:17 pm.
- The first high tide was at 1:44 am and the next high tide will be at 2:00 pm. The first low tide was at 7:50 amand the next low tide will be at 7:59 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 55%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events, click here.
- 8 am – Free Guided Bird Walk at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 10 am to 2 pm – Brunch with Santa at Hotel Viking
- 10 am – St Petersburg Men’s Ensemble at Emmanuel Church
- 11 am – Holiday Drag Brunch with the Trailer Park Girls at Parlor Newport
- 12 pm to 4 pm – MLK Community Center Christmas food drive and photos with Santa! at Newport Blues Cafe
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Sip & Shop Sunday at Newport Vineyards
- 12 pm – Spirits of Christmas Past at Newport Elks Lodge
- 12:30 pm – It’s A Wonderful Life at Jane Pickens Theater
- 1 pm to 3 pm – Afternoon Tea with Santa at Grace Vandrbilt
- 1 pm to 4 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Ethan Bates at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – St Petersburg Men’s Ensemble in Concert at Emmanuel Church
- 2 pm to 5 pm – Santa At Diego’s Barrio Cantina
- 3 pm – Navy Band Northeast Holiday Concert at the Naval War College
- 3 pm – Koechlin, Shaw and Brahms at the Redwood
- 4 pm – Speaking of Religion – St Petersburg Men’s Ensemble at Emmanuel Church
- 4:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7:30 pm – Maria By Callas at Jane Pickens Theater
- 7:30 pm – Verdant Vibes Winter Warmer—Newport at Firehouse Theater
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education