Common Fence Music is very excited to bring back THE SWEETBACK SISTERS’ COUNTRY CHRISTMAS SINGALONG SPECTACULAR! on Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 7 pm at Portsmouth High School Auditorium, 120 Education Lane, Portsmouth, RI. Tickets to this performance are $25 in advance, $28 at the door, $23 for CFM members, $15 for children ages 3-12, FREE for children ages 0-2. Ticket prices include a $3 donation to the Kate Grana Music & Art Association. Doors open at 6:15 pm for members, 6:30 pm for non-members. For tickets and information visit www.CommonFenceMusic.org.
Christmastime is here again and so are the Sweetback Sisters with their 10th annual Country Christmas Singalong Spectacular! This wildly popular show delivers a veritable explosion of yuletide splendor, complete with trivia, prizes, and, of course, all the holiday tunes you know and love. Year-round, the Sweetback Sisters and their band of brothers wow audiences with their precise, family-style harmonies and blazing instrumentals. For this family-friendly show, the Queens of Christmastime bring their signature mix of modern nostalgia to a wide array of holiday classics and hidden gems that are sure to get even your scroogiest uncle in a festive spirit. Songbooks and plenty of warm fuzzy feelings provided.
A percentage of the proceeds from this performance will benefit the Kate Grana Music & Art Association. Founded in 2018 in memory of beloved former Portsmouth music teacher, Kate Grana, the KGMAA works to assist in fundraising for an improved center for Music and the Performing Arts at Portsmouth High School.
This show will take place at the Portsmouth High School Auditorium, located at 120 Education Lane, Portsmouth, RI. Concert attendees should enter through the school’s main entrance. The hall is fully accessible.
No outside food or beverages are permitted. Coffee, tea, cocoa and plenty of holiday goodies will be available for purchase. All concession sales will benefit the Kate Grana Music & Art Association.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination