Buddy The Elf, Clark Griswold and George Bailey are all coming soon to the big screen in Newport.
Along with their great regular programming, Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center will host the following four Christmas classics in December.
Cinema For A Cause: Elf – Sunday, December 9th at 1 pm
The Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center & Memorial Funeral Home will once again present Elf this Christmas season! This community event will benefit the MLK Community Center.
The only price of admission is a canned good (as much as you’d like to give). All donations will benefit local citizens. The Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center encourages those attending to arrive early for the solo afternoon showing which has become ever more popular as the event gains notice. More Information
It’s A Wonderful Life – Sunday, December 16th at 12:30 pm
A movie that reminds us of our values and how one person can make a difference …more important than ever in 2018, More Info
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Thursday, December 20th at 7:30 pm
What’s Up Newp and the Jane Pickens Theater & Events Center presents National Lampoon Christmas Vacation Party! Tickets are $10 per person. More Information & Tickets
Bolshoi Ballet: The Nutcracker 2018 – Sunday, December 23rd at 12:55 pm
The Nutcracker invites audiences of all ages on a magical journey, through a world of enchantment, complete with dancing snowflakes and dolls that have come to life, accompanied by Tchaikovsky’s beloved score. The timeless holiday classic returns to the Bolshoi stage this December for a live broadcast. More Info & Tickets
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit www.janepickens.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic