The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the near future, according to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) and Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA).
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
RIDOT (Dec. 29 – Jan. 4)
Newport: Halsey St. North, prior to Admiral Kalfbus Rd., right shoulder closed for survey work, Thurs. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
RITBA (Dec. 30 – Jan. 5)
Claiborne Pell Bridge: Westbound Open Road Tolling (ORT) Lane Closure- 1/3- 8 am to 2 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: Westbound Right Lane Closure-1/2 and 1/3- 9 am to 3 pm
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no lane closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters