The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the near future, according to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) and Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA).
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
RIDOT (Dec. 29 – Jan. 4)
Newport: Halsey St. North, prior to Admiral Kalfbus Rd., right shoulder closed for survey work, Thurs. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
RITBA (Dec. 30 – Jan. 5)
Claiborne Pell Bridge: Westbound Open Road Tolling (ORT) Lane Closure- 1/3- 8 am to 2 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: Westbound Right Lane Closure-1/2 and 1/3- 9 am to 3 pm
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no lane closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz