Christmas Day in Newport, believe it or not, will be here before you know it.
For some of you, the thought of cooking at home, traveling, or visiting the family is simply, out of the question and you’re looking for a place to dine out. You’re in luck, we have a full round-up of places open for dinner and drinks on Christmas Day.
If you head out on Christmas Day, be sure to take care of those hard working staff! It doesn’t always have to be monetary, sometimes a simple thank you, smile, or expression of gratitude will do the trick.
If you are in need of a warm meal or know someone that is, Seamen’s Church Institute will be hosting their Annual Christmas Breakfast from 9 am to 11 am on Christmas morning. Breakfast buffet will include, eggs, bacon, French toast , and plenty more! Free & Open to the public. No reservation required. For more information about this event, please call (401) 847-4260.
While many restaurants still haven’t buttoned up their Christmas Day plans, the following restaurants in Newport will be open, serving dinner, and celebrating the holiday;
We’ll update this story has more restaurants confirm their details.
1 – Cara at The Chanler at Cliff Walk
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Cara restaurant. Executive Chef Matt Voskuil has crafted a six-course Tasting Menu called ‘Celebrate’ for this special day.
- Time: Tuesday, December 25th from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Price: $95 – $135 (Wine pairings are available at an additional price. A Children’s Menu is available for $55 per child.)
- Menu: Christmas Dinner
2 – Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn invites you and your family to join them in their beautiful seaside setting for a holiday feast to be remembered. The Inn will be decked out in their holiday finest and Chef Lou has created a menu to bring cheer to one and all. Menu for both days will be a Three Course Dinner for $82 with a children’s menu available for guests under 12.
Christmas Eve Dinner on December 24th served from 5:45pm – 9:00pm
Christmas Day Dinner on December 25th served from 12:30pm – 6:30pm
Please call (401) 849-3800 for reservations!
3 – Clarke Cooke House
Clarke Cooke House will continue the tradition of being among the very few restaurants that are open 365 days a year when they open at 5 pm for dinner on Christmas Day. More Info
4 – Grace Vanderbilt
Enjoy the splendor of a Vanderbilt holiday with loved ones and join Grace Vanderbilt for fun holiday cheer and entertainment. Dinner will be served from 2-course prix fixe menu including appetizer, main course and dessert station, $82 pp/Children’s menu is $41 pp. Dinner served from 1 pm to 7 pm. Live music by Kristine Wilbur.
5 – MainSail Newport at Newport Marriott
Join MainSail Newport at Newport Marriott for Christmas Dinner between 1 pm – 7 pm. Choose from the regular menu or the $49 prix fixe menu. Reservations can be made by calling 401-849-7788 or on OpenTable.
6 – Salt Water at Newport Harbor Hotel
Salt Water will offer a 3 course Christmas menu for $24 per person and will feature a Christmas by the Fire Menu that will featurean array of flatbreads for $12 each. More info at https://www.newporthotel.com/saltwater-restaurant.htm
The following bars/restaurants opened on Christmas Day in the past for light fare and/or drinks; here’s an idea of what they usually do. We’re working on confirming their 2018 Christmas Day plans;
- Benjamin’s Raw Bar – Closed during the day. Opening at night.
- Busker’s – Open at 7 pm.
- Clarke Cooke House – Open at 5 pm.
- Fastnet Pub – Open from 5 pm to 1 am.
- IHOP Middletown – Open until 2 pm.
- Pour Judgment – Open at 6 pm
- Speakeasy Bar & Grille – Open around 6 pm
- Tavern On Broadway – Open at 1 pm.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September