Newport Art Museum’s Art After Dark is back on Thursday, January 10 from 5 – 8 pm.
Each Art After Dark has unique programming for the whole family. This event joins the ranks of the many events and educational programs the Museum currently offers in its galleries at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport.
This month, Art After Dark will present an evening of micro-memoir, fiction writing and live storytelling in collaboration with The Public’s Radio called that’s my STORY… and I’m sticking to IT!
Radio host John Bender and writer Eve Kerrigan will host an evening of reflection, hilarity, truth telling and tall tales beginning at 5:30pm in the Museum galleries. Audience members will be given a variety of evocative writing prompts to help jump start a 20-30 minute free-writing session. Then writers will be invited to share their 2-4 minute pieces in a live storytelling session that will be recorded by The Public’s Radio.
Admission to Art After Dark is free for Museum members and is a $10 suggested donation for non-members. Light refreshments and cash bar will be available. Art After Dark is supported by BankNewport, Matouk and Narragansett Brewery as well as donations to the Museum’s Annual Fund.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch