Christmas has come and gone, and if you are when to take down your Christmas Tree or how to gt rid of it, we’ve got good news – you can keep it up for at least another week, and you can get rid of it for free in January.
Christmas trees along with regular yard waste will be collected by Waste Management from January 7-11, 2019.
Collections occur on your normal scheduled collection day. Waste Management will collect leaves, grass clippings and branches less than four inches in diameter (and no more than three feet in length) placed either in paper bags, tied in bundles or in 32 gallon garbage cans (no Yard Waste Only sticker needed).
Any yard waste material left in plastic bags will be left behind on the curbside, according to Waste Management.
2018 Holiday Schedule
Residential collections will be delayed one day following the Tuesday, December 25th Christmas and Tuesday, January 1st New Year’s Day holidays.
The Waste Management Transfer Station will also be closed for the holidays on Tuesday, December 25th and Tuesday, January 1st. Please plan your visits accordingly.
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021